how can i stop a running process to do a backtrace?

Paul Pluzhnikov ppluzhnikov@google.com
Mon Jul 21 03:43:00 GMT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Jelle de Jong
<jelledejong@powercraft.nl> wrote:

> I managed to create three backtraces after the sshfs program froze. I
> attached one of them as example. I something is obvious wrong with the
> report please tell me.

I am no expert to FUSE, and this doesn't belong on this list,
but I think your stack trace simply means that sshfs is blocked
waiting for 'sftp' to finish whatever it is doing.

As such, it will likely be of very little use to sshfs developers;
you'll need to see whether the are any sftp or ssh processes, and if
so what *they* are blocked on. And if they aren't blocked, then
maybe you just need to be more patient -- after all, sshfs can't
be any faster than the underlying transport, can it?

--
Paul Pluzhnikov