gdb command for listing assembly labels

Michael Snyder msnyder@specifix.com
Fri Jul 18 03:02:00 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 15:27 +0100, Jiju George T wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I am using gdb based on 6.8 version cross compiled for mips-linux to debug
> a MIPS Linux kernel. I would like know is there any command in gdb to list
> all the assembly labels?
>
>  I tried "info function" which lists C like functions and "info variables"
> which lists the global variables. I could n't find any command which lists
> all labels in assembly files.

No, but if you do either of the above (info functions or info
variables), gdb should separate the functions (or variables)
into two lists -- those that have source level debug info, and
those that don't.

Your assembly labels should be among the later list.
Unfortunately, they'll be mixed together with high-level
symbols from source files compiled without "-g", but
maybe this will be some help.