catch-throw conditions?

Andrew STUBBS andrew.stubbs@st.com
Fri Feb 22 11:28:00 GMT 2008

Craig Miller wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to set a condition on breakpoints
> created using the "catch throw" command?  Specifically to be able to
> only cause a break when a specific C++ Exception is thrown?

In general, conditions work like this (not that the help command will
tell you so):

	catch throw if myerror == 42

I'm not sure where the exception flavour is kept though.

Hope that helps

Andrew

(Actually, on the GDB I have the conditions do not show on info break,
and I don't have any C++ code handy to test, so it might be broken. If
the condition doesn't work then try this:

    catch throw
    commands
      if myerror != 42
        continue