Support of gdb for Windows 64 native systems

Kai Tietz Kai.Tietz@onevision.com
Fri Oct 12 07:19:00 GMT 2007


Daniel,

> On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 04:47:28PM +0200, Kai Tietz wrote:
> > Ok, I questioned mingw, why they did not assigned those patches to the 

> > FSF. But on the otherhand, I would do this work (I need to make an 
other 
> > FSF assignement for gdb), if I get some advice. Until now, I haven't 
> > worked with gdb sources, so the architecture is a bit strange for me. 
Is 
> > there a good documentation about the subject how to add an new target 
> > (TUI) ?
> 
> What does the TUI have to do with it?  TUI in particular is
> troublesome for mingw because of the lack of good curses libraries.
> 
> There's documentation in the internals manual.  For a native Windows
> target, you'd have to talk to Chris about how to avoid duplicating
> or complicating the Cygwin support.

Thank you for your help. I will contact cfg when the paper-work with FSF 
for the gdb assignment is done.

Cheers,
 i.A. Kai Tietz

|  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
| (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain
| (")_(") world domination.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  OneVision Software Entwicklungs GmbH & Co. KG
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 - 93049 Regensburg
  Tel: +49.(0)941.78004.0 - Fax: +49.(0)941.78004.489 - www.OneVision.com
  Commerzbank Regensburg - BLZ 750 400 62 - Konto 6011050
  Handelsregister: HRA 6744, Amtsgericht Regensburg
  Komplementärin: OneVision Software Entwicklungs Verwaltungs GmbH
  Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Straße 9 – 93049 Regensburg
  Handelsregister: HRB 8932, Amtsgericht Regensburg - Geschäftsführer: 
Ulrike Döhler, Manuela Kluger



More information about the Gdb mailing list