Breakpoint in C++ class constructor is never reached
Bobo
spiridenok@tut.by
Mon Nov 5 09:01:00 GMT 2007
Hi,
Downloaded one of the latest snapshots of the HEAD release, still have
problems with building it:
source='decNumber.c' object='decNumber.o' libtool=no gcc
-I.././libdecnumber -I. -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wcast-qual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -I.././libdecnumber -I. -c decNumber.c
source='decContext.c' object='decContext.o' libtool=no gcc
-I.././libdecnumber -I. -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute
-Wcast-qual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -I.././libdecnumber -I. -c
decContext.c
source='' object='decimal32.o' libtool=no gcc -I.././libdecnumber -I. -W
-Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wold-style-definition -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wcast-qual -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -I.././libdecnumber -I. -c
gcc: no input files
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `decimal32.o'
Current working directory /usr/local/asm/gdb-6.7.50.20071104/libdecnumber
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-libdecnumber'
Current working directory /usr/local/asm/gdb-6.7.50.20071104
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
wsasd179:/scratch/gdb-6.7.50.20071104 % nedit libdecnumber/Makefile
Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:05:25 -0200, Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauerman@br.ibm.com>
> Hi,
>
> It seems that Solaris' patch tool doesn't support the unified diff
> format. I didn't know that, sorry about this problem.
>
> I don't have write access to the GCC repo (which is where libdecnumber
> is hosted), so I couldn't commit it by myself. But Janis just did. It
> will appear in tomorrow's GDB snapshot.
>
> If you don't want to wait until then, you can check out now from the CVS
> repository by following the instructions here:
>
> http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/
>
> --
> []'s
> Thiago Jung Bauermann
> Software Engineer
> IBM Linux Technology Center
>
>
> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 10:10 +0200, Bobo wrote:
>> Unfortunately i can not patch the attached file. I get the following:
>> shell:patch -p1 < /tmp/remove-gnuism.diff
>> Looks like a unified context diff.
>> File to patch:
>>
>> Is it because my version of the patch tool does not match with the diff
>> version used to create the patch?
>>
>> Anyway... Thiago, when are you planning to commit the patch so that i get
>>it
>> with the latest snapshot?
>>
>> Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:13:39 -0200, Thiago Jung Bauermann
>><bauerman@br.ibm.com>
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > The patch hasn't been commited yet, so it won't appear in the snapshot.
>> >
>> > In the meantime, you can use the attached patch in a recent GDB snapshot
>> > with these commands:
>> >
>> > $ cd gdb-6.7.50.20071030
>> > $ patch -p1 < /path/to/attached/remove-gnuism.diff
>> >
>> > This should get you a GDB source code tree which will build in your
>> > environment.
>> > --
>> > []'s
>> > Thiago Jung Bauermann
>> > Software Engineer
>> > IBM Linux Technology Center
>> >
>> >
>> > On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 11:53 +0200, Bobo wrote:
>> >> Sorry i don't really know what "off-list a regenerated configure
>>script"
>> >> means and what i need to do with it to verify if the build problem is
>> >> gone...
>> >>
>> >> Is there maybe a snapshot available with the latest changes of Thiago?
>> >> (the latest snapshot version i can find on pub/gdb/snapshots/ is from
>>26
>> >>Oct
>> >> 2007)
>> >>
>> >> Anyway, i would like to check if the build problem is solved. please
>>let
>> >>me
>> >> know how i can do that.
>> >>
>> >> Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:32:12 -0200, Thiago Jung Bauermann
>> >><bauerman@br.ibm.com>
>> >>
>> >> > On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 13:02 -0200, Thiago Jung Bauermann wrote:
>> >> >> On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 16:50 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>> >> >> > > Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:31:28 -0400
>> >> >> > > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
>> >> >> > > Oh dear. GCC requires GNU make, but GDB is not supposed to, I
>> >>don't
>> >> >> > > think. This is a new problem.
>> >> >> >
>> >> >> > I regularly build GDB with OpenBSD make, so yes this is new (and
>>I'd
>> >> >> > very much appreciate it if it got fixed).
>> >> >>
>> >> >> I will work on this ASAP.
>> >> >
>> >> > I just posted a patch to fix this. Sorry for the delay, it took me
>>some
>> >> > time to determine if I had copyright assignment to contribute to GCC.
>> >> >
>> >> > I tested the change with NetBSD's make, so I think the GNUisms are
>>gone.
>> >> > If this is not enough to fix your build problems, please let me know.
>> >> >
>> >> > I can send you off-list a regenerated configure script if you want to
>> >> > test the patch and don't have autoconf 2.59 handy.
>> >> > --
>> >> > []'s
>> >> > Thiago Jung Bauermann
>> >> > Software Engineer
>> >> > IBM Linux Technology Center
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------
>> ГЂГЄГ¶ГЁГї 'ГЉГіГЇГЁ ñóõèå ñòðîèòåëüГûå ñìåñè ÑÀÐÌÀÒ ГЁ ïîëó÷è ïðèç' ïðîäîëæà åòñÿ!
>> ÏîäðîáГîñòè ГГ http://www.sarmat.by
>>
>
>
------------------
Ôîðåêñ Êëóáó 10 ëåò! http://www.forexclub.by
More information about the Gdb
mailing list