Resuming a single suspended thread on Linux

Yaki Tebeka tebeka@gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 09:47:00 GMT 2007


Hi Daniel and Jim

I tried the suggested solution, but unfortunately, it does not seem to work.
I am running Fedora Core 5, 64 bit on an AMD processor.
After I call "set scheduler-locking on", and "continue", the entire
debugged process seem to remain freeze.
I tried setting my data collection thread as the active thread and
even setting the main thread as the active thread, but both options
does not seem to work.

Do you know if its a GDB bug, or an "expected behaviour" on Linux?

Can you suggest another solution to my problem?

Thanks

  Yaki



On 1/8/07, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 07:00:26PM +0200, Yaki Tebeka wrote:
> > Hi Jim
> >
> > Thanks for the suggested solution.
> >
> > I read the "set scheduler-locking" feature documentation few times
> > (http://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb_6.html#IDX281) and I
> > must admit that I am not quite sure that I understand it correctly...
> >
> > One of it sentences says that the other threads are "completely free
> > to run when you use commands like `continue', `until', or `finish'".
> > If I understand this correctly, it will not help in my case.
> >
> > Please let me know if I didn't understand this mechanism correctly.
>
> That sentence only describes the behavior when you set it to "step".
> If you set it to "on", you can run just a single thread.
>
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery
>


-- 
Yaki Tebeka



More information about the Gdb mailing list