thread_db_get_info: cannot get thread info: generic error on fork()/execvp()

Alex Bligh alex@alex.org.uk
Thu Aug 31 10:30:00 GMT 2006

Daniel,

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 05:28:27PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now we have a pretty trivial test case to reproduce this problem,
>> as per the 20 line program at the bottom of bug 2149,
>> is there any chance at all of getting a fix? I currently
>> can't debug my app at all because it suffers from this
>> problem. I am willing to help in any way I can to debug
>> this or test.
>
> Well, I can reproduce the problem.  I can see roughly what's wrong,
> too.  We still think we're attached to the old thread.
>
> Could you try this patch?

Yep. That fixes it, both on the test case, and on the real program.
I can now debug again. Woohoo! Thanks.

What's the chance of applying that in RCS and (ideally) providing
that and the previous thread fix so debugging as a backport to
the Ubuntu Dapper gdb.

Alex