Virtual Machine and GDB

teawater teawater@gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:35:00 GMT 2006

Sorry, I told about ARCH because I think you were the people that ask
the same question in CLF.
He told that his VM has a new instruction set. So I think the ARCH of
his VM is not support by GDB.
If the ARCH of your VM is supported by GDB, you will not need to porting it.

>>2) Can't find information on what kind of debug features I can have
>>when after implementing the remote stub. Breakpoint, watchpoint,
>>single step?
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb_33.html
This doc is very clear.

>>3) Not sure how to write a download program to download executable
>>from target to host in a debug session.
I think if your stub on VM support GDBRSP write memory command M, you
can use GDB command load do it.