GDB problem with statically linked application

David Highley dhighley@highley-recommended.com
Tue Sep 20 19:53:00 GMT 2005


"Ajay Patel wrote:"
> 
>  
> > We still see multiple pid's for static linked applications and not for
> > dynamically linked applications. We are now in the process of rebuilding
> > and running tests on our applications.
> 
> I also saw this. I did not investigated much.
> I think this may be glibc bug. This shows up
> when you use linux-threads.  If you use NPTL
> it does go away.

The insidious part of this is our small test code will execute even if
you use the incorrect "-lpthread" flag with dynamic linking. So the
remaining question to be figured out is whether the thread model is the
same between the static and dynamic links. Do we get NPTL threads in
both cases? We might be able to tell with the nm command.

> 
> Thanks
> Ajay
> 
> 
> 


-- 


Regards,

David Highley		      Phone: (206) 669-0081
Highley Recommended, Inc.	FAX: (253) 838-8509
2927 SW 339th Street	      Email: dhighley@highley-recommended.com
Federal Way, WA 98023-7732	WEB: http://www.highley-recommended.com



More information about the Gdb mailing list