Unwinding stack past main() when it has another name

Hamish Rodda rodda@kde.org
Wed Jun 15 12:46:00 GMT 2005


Hi,

I'm just curious if there's a better solution for a problem I've come up 
against recently.  I have been using gdb 6.3 and finding that all of my kde 
program backtraces contain hundreds of irrelevant and corrupt-looking frames. 
Upgrading to cvs fixed most of the problem (the corrupt looking frames), but 
some frames still remain before the main function, which in kde programs is 
called kdemain().

Is there something the kde sources can do to have gdb recognise kdemain() as 
the replacement main() function, and thus prevent gdb from unwinding past it?

Thanks,
Hamish.

PS. please cc me on replies as I am not subscribed.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/gdb/attachments/20050615/1ea1a769/attachment.sig>


More information about the Gdb mailing list