Is NPTL needed for debugging multi-thread application

lapo.pasqui@tele2.it lapo.pasqui@tele2.it
Thu May 27 13:14:00 GMT 2004

> Could it explain the problem? Does it only work with NPTL threads?

No, LinuxThreads has worked for a long time.  This isn't enough
information to figure out what's wrong.

I can only add a collegue of mine is having the same problem also using different compiler , different gdb (5.x) and kernel (2.4.21).
I'm using glibc 2.3.2, gcc 3.3.2, kernel 2.6.5 and I tested gdb 5.x, 6.0 and 6.1.

Possibly next week I'll gain access to a JTAG and i could do more debugging.
But what can I look at?

Lapo