Is NPTL needed for debugging multi-thread application

lapo.pasqui@tele2.it lapo.pasqui@tele2.it
Thu May 27 08:30:00 GMT 2004

Hi
I'm having problem in debugging multi thread application on a PPC board. As soon as it hit a breakpoint on a secondary thread I get a SIGKILL from the gdb.
Looking at the core file generated by gdb itself, it looks like it is having problem in navigating the stack of a thread.

I'm using glibc w/o the NTPL implementation (I'm using the linux thread library).

Could it explain the problem? Does it only work with NPTL threads?

Thank you all
  Lapo