gdbserver no more supported?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue May 18 13:14:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:06:11PM +0200, Christophe Gouault wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It seems that gdbserver is not (or no more) supported on OSes other than
> Linux. Am I missing something?
> (I would like to remotely debug code running on a armeb--netbsdelf
> target machine, from an i386 host)
>
> If gdbserver is actually no more supported on NetBSD, is there an
> equivalent application?

When I took over maintenance of gdbserver, the non-GNU/Linux ports were
all in really bad shape.  Most of them didn't even build.

When I redid the GNU/Linux ports, I also cleaned up a lot of the common
code.  Adding a NetBSD target would probably be easy, but it would
require some moving of code from GNU/Linux specific files into a common
ptrace support module.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz