Using gdb as a trace agent
Alexandre Courbot
Alexandre.Courbot@lifl.fr
Mon May 17 13:00:00 GMT 2004
Hello everyone,
In my quest to get datas out of a program as non-intrusively as possible
(I'm trying to get graphes out of the memory manager of an embedded
operating system), I'm having a close and interested look at gdb
tracepoints. It looks like a great solution, but unfortunately:
- It only works on remote targets, dixit the manual,
- Anyway, no remote target supports them.
Traditional breakpoints with additional commands are just too intrusive
to me, unfortunately. Is there anything I missed on the tracepoints
front? Or would anyone know a tool that I could use in replacement to
gdb to do this? (i.e. getting the values of some variables at some
points of the program, without slaughtering the source code).
Thanks for any information,
Alex.
--
Alexandre Courbot - PhD student
RD2P/LIFL
http://www.lifl.fr/~courbot
More information about the Gdb
mailing list