[gdb remote] run? resetting the target?

Heiko Panther heiko.panther@web.de
Fri May 14 17:04:00 GMT 2004

I am working on a gdb remote stub, and I'm trying to figure out how I can reset my target. What I imagine is downloading the code and then resetting it so it runs like the device has just been powered on.
The reset disables some interrupts, so it is necessary. I could get the same effect with a little gdb script, but I'm looking for the simpler solution.

When I issue a "run" or a "disconnect", gdb closes the connection to my target - clearly not what I want. I see that the gdb remote protocol has a 'R' command, which sounds like what I need. So how do I get gdb to issue the 'R'?

Is there another alternative?

Thanks,
Heiko Panther