How to tell gdb to exit?

Ian Lance Taylor ian@wasabisystems.com
Thu May 6 18:36:00 GMT 2004

Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> writes:

> I messed around with this on and off for days, and couldn't
> find the answer, but as soon as I put my foot in my mouth
> publically, the answer appears.  Odd, that.

I actually find that this is a fairly effective technique for solving
a problem.  Send out a message, and then the answer occurs to you.
The more people to whom you send the message, the more likely you are
to find the answer yourself.

I've learned to exploit this fact by composing the message but
delaying the actual sending for a period of time.  Sometimes the
answer will come to me before the message actually goes out.

You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not.  At least not wholly.

Ian