using gdb on HP-UX

Srinivas Visvanathan srinivasv@fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 14 18:31:00 GMT 2004


Hello

I have used gdb on linux and solaris and am currently trying to use it on
HP-UX. I get the following message from gdb when I try to debug a program
'foo':

-----------------------------
$ gdb foo
GNU gdb 6.0
Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
details.
This GDB was configured as "hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20"...
warning: pxdb not found at standard location: /opt/langtools/bin
gdb will not be able to debug /home/sriniv/foo
Please install pxdb at the above location and then restart gdb.
You can also run pxdb on /home/sriniv/foo with the command
"pxdb /home/sriniv/foo" and then restart gdb.

(gdb)
-----------------------------

what is pxdb ? Is it a HP-UX specific thing ? Where can I get a copy of
it ?

Any help is appreciated.

     thanx

     srinivas



More information about the Gdb mailing list