Breakpoints in the library code

Kris Warkentin kewarken@qnx.com
Wed Jun 30 13:28:00 GMT 2004

Once the dll is loaded (ie. you've run to main() or dlopen()ed), you can
just set a breakpoint as you normally would.  If gdb can find the shared
library, it will read the symbols when it detects that it has been
loaded. (if auto-solib-add is set)  Newer versions of gdb also have the
concept of a deferred breakpoint where gdb will ask if you want to make
a breakpoint pending on a future library load.

cheers,

Kris