Technical criteria for retaining symbol readers

Andrew Cagney cagney@gnu.org
Wed Jun 23 20:14:00 GMT 2004

> jimb> I'd also like to have some kind of requirement for testability.
>
> I would, too.  My preference would be that we look at gdb-testers@
> and if there are no test results for feature X for the past N years,
> that counts against keeping feature X.  gcc uses that as one factor
> in deciding whether to obsolete stuff.

That's been suggested in the past.  It was pointed out that some systems
can't run the testsuite (DJGPP) so on its own it wasn't reasonable
(neither is assuming that the presence of test results stops an
architecture being removed :-).

Andrew