GDB Remote Debug protocol for ARM processor

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Wed Jun 23 18:19:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 02:04:59PM -0400, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 07:28:39PM +0200, Modi Banti wrote:
>
> > > If anybody has any document which explains the RDI for ARM
> > > processor( handshaking and formats for register ) or any
> > > stub implemented for ARM processor?
> >
> > Do you mean GDB's remote protocol, or ARM's RDI protocol?  GDB's
> > protocol is described in the GDB manual; RDI is an ARM proprietary
> > protocol, and I don't believe there is any publicly available
> > documentation for it.
>
> But, of course, you can reverse engineer RDI from the contents of the
> gdb/rdi-share directory.

Yes and no.  First of all, it's pretty nasty code, and it's known to be
unreliable; and secondly, that's RDI 1.0.  The current version of RDI
is IIRC 1.5.1, and is substantially different.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz