"Info reg doesn't work"

Xinan Tang xinan@tidalnetworks.net
Mon Jun 14 23:49:00 GMT 2004

Hi

  I am porting gdb (6.1) to a new target. After adding a new target that is
similar to an existing RISC 32bit architecture, I found out two problems:

  1. `info register' does not work. For example, if I type in `info reg',
the content of all registers are showing ZERO except PC no matter how many
instructions are executed.

  2. Gdb can start execution from _start but can not enter main.

  Could someone please point to me which files I should take a look to fix
this problem? Or is there any FAQ to explain how to add a new target based
on an existing architecture.

Thanks

--Xinan