-file-list-exec-source-files && libraries

Bob Rossi bob@brasko.net
Fri Jun 11 18:35:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 02:29:16PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A user of -file-list-exec-source-files noticed that this command does
> not initially list the files that are in a library. For example,
>
> I have
>    $ ls
>    Makefile  lib.c  lib.h  lib.o  libmilib.a  main  main.c
>
> And
>    $ cat Makefile
>    all:
>       gcc -c -g -Wall lib.c
>       ar cru libmilib.a lib.o
>       gcc -g -Wall main.c -o main -L. -lmilib -I.
>
> When I do -file-list-exec-source-files originally, it doesn't show
> lib.c, after I do 'list lib.c:1' it will then show the filename. Also, I
> believe it shows all of the filenames in the library.
>
> My question is, is there any way to get this funcionality from the get
> go? Load the psymtabs for all the libraries?
>
> Or is there a GDB command that forces loading all symbols into the
> partial symbol table at start?

Unfortunatly, I forgot to add one thing. The files from all libraries do
show up when the stabs debugging format is used. It seems like this is a
dwarf2 problem. Anyone know if this is a bug?

Or something maybe I could look into?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi