stepping from header to header in C++

Kris Warkentin kewarken@qnx.com
Mon Jun 7 20:36:00 GMT 2004

Wild stab in the dark here.  I'm grepping through the ChangeLogs and
Gnats but I'm hoping someone remembers fixing this.

In gdb 5.2.1 when debugging a C++ app with stabs+, gdb will not step
from a method defined in a header to another method defined in a header.
  It stops on breakpoints well enough but will only step over.

ie
h1.hpp:
class testclass1{
 >>> step into this one fine but steps over the next call
	public: void method1(void){ test_class2.method1(); }
}

h2.hpp:
class testclass2{
	public: void method1(void){ print_stuff(); }
}

The problem seems to be fixed in more recent versions and doesn't exist
when compiling with dwarf either.  Not a super critical thing since it's
workaroundable but I was hoping someone might remember off the top of
their head.

cheers,

Kris