[maint] [maint] Michael Chastain for testsuite

Christopher Faylor me@cgf.cx
Fri Jun 4 23:57:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 07:37:26PM -0400, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
>Chris Faylor writes:
>cgf> If we have someone as a maintainer then it seems like their area of
>cgf> maintainership should reflect their vision, i.e.  you can't just give
>cgf> carte blanche to a group people to do whatever they want in that arena.
>
>I think it might be good for me to state my vision.  This is all
>stuff that y'all know about me already.
>
>(1) Copyright -- is the most important thing to me.  I want every file
>    in testsuite/ to bear a valid FSF copyright notice.
>
>(2) Testing submissions -- I mean to require that every patch says
>    how it was tested (or not tested).  I don't think it's useful
>    to formalize or standardize how a patch is tested beyond that.

Does that translate into every bug reported eventually gets a test?
Would it make sense to add the test for a reported bug before a patch to
fix it is submitted?

I don't know who would be tasked with doing something like that but it
would sort of make sure that no bug was lost as the test suite FAILs
steadily rise...

cgf