GDB 6.3 assumes that DW_AT_frame_base exists

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Thu Dec 30 20:07:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 11:56:42AM -0800, H. J. Lu wrote:
> DW_AT_frame_base may be needed for location lists of local variables.
> But in case of tls_symbolic_operand, there is no local variable.
> Location lists are used for function parameters.

Then why is GDB calling get_frame_base?  It is only called for
DW_OP_fbreg.  If we don't have a frame base, we don't know what
DW_OP_fbreg refers to.

GDB should issue an error instead of crashing, but that's as far as we
can go.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz