gdb crash when printing C++ class

Kris Warkentin kewarken@qnx.com
Fri Dec 10 21:44:00 GMT 2004

I compared the vptr entries in the readelf -wi output from gcc vs. icc
and they're certainly different.  I sent the gcc vs. icc output files to
Daniel directly - a little too big for the mailing list.  If anyone else
wants them, let me know.  My knowledge isn't deep enough to tell which
differences are significant.

I set a breakpoint in dwarf2read.c at the point where the vptr basetype
is set and what do you know?  With the icc generated code, it's never
hit.  I've got the dwarf-2 specification printed out here...I guess I'm
going to have to figure out what the heck a DIE is and all the other
stuff I wish I didn't need to know. ;-)

cheers,

Kris