How to manage multiple patches

Kris Warkentin kewarken@qnx.com
Wed Dec 8 21:25:00 GMT 2004

I'm seeking the wisdom of the experienced free software developers.

When you have a patch in your sandbox waiting to be committed, what do
you do to keep working and not get scrambled?

I've been pondering various solutions whereby I keep a text diff and do
some clever combination of patching and reverting to get back to a state
where I can just cvs commit but it seems like it could be fairly error
prone.

Do people just keep multiple sandboxed?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

Kris