gdb enter behavior

Eric Desjardins eric.desjardins@discreet.com
Mon Aug 30 20:06:00 GMT 2004


On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 15:58, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: Eric Desjardins <eric.desjardins@discreet.com>
> > Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:38:37 -0400
> > 
> > I'm working with people used to dbx and they cannot learn that the enter
> > key repeats the same command. 
> 
> What do they expect to happen instead?

As funny as it may, they don't expect anything to happen, just the
shell to refresh. Usually, we hit enter on IRIX (dbx) to see if the
thing is dead.

> 
> > Is there anyway that we can change this behavior? I didn't find anything
> > on this in the documentation.
> 
> I don't think we have something to disable the auto-repeat (without
> losing a lot of other useful features), but perhaops we should.
> 

It would be nice.

> There's the `dont-repeat' command, of course, but I doubt it will help
> you.
-- 

Thanks,
Eric



More information about the Gdb mailing list