gdb.gdb/ testcase issues.

Manoj Iyer manjo@austin.ibm.com
Thu Aug 19 22:16:00 GMT 2004


> First thing ... do you have a copyright assignment on file
> for gdb?

Will get back to you on that.

>
> > Is there any real reason for setting breakpoints on such fucntions?
> > If not I will be happy to provide a patch that fixes this problem.
>
> I don't know any reason, but I haven't looked yet.
>
> The counter-question is: why are you running gdb.gdb tests on a stripped
> gdb executable?  Other parts of selftest.exp depend on stepping one
> source line at a time, which won't work with a stripped executable.
>

The reason is, the GDB that is shipped in a distro is stripped, and I used
the --tool_exec= option to use this GDB that is installed in /usr/bin. So
my understanding so far is that the testcases under gdb.gdb are to be used
only for a GDB that is build fresh from sources and not that is installed
on the system. If that is the case then they need to be modified in such a
way that they report that "the testcase does not support stripped gdb --
unsupported" or something of that nature. Is that ok?

--
Manoj Iyer



More information about the Gdb mailing list