compatible versions of gdb6.1 and binutils?

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Tue Apr 20 22:33:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 05:21:10PM -0400, Marcus Rosen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I am working on integrating a simulator for a custom sparc into gdb6.1.
> I would like to have the source for gdb and binutils in the same source tree
> but from what I can tell there is no evidence of any kind of common tags
> across these projects that would indicate how best to merge them.  Is there
> any kind of common baseline for the shared components (bfd,opcodes,etc) that
> I should be aiming for? or is my only option to grab what I can tagged at
> the gdb6.1 release and merge in some appropriate binutils directories and
> hope to get them to build?
>
> My motivation is to avoid replication of the shared components and to be
> able to easily sync my copies with newer releases should it become
> necessary.

If you want to do this your best bet will be to take a snapshot from
the combined CVS tree rather than using release tarballs.  Otherwise,
combining them is quite difficult, because all the shared directories
evolve.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz