Retire the MPW support from toplevel and binutils

Stan Shebs shebs@apple.com
Fri Apr 2 19:12:00 GMT 2004

Andrew Cagney wrote:

>>> I have a bit of time available now, no guarantees about the future.
>>> Seeing as how the support has long been gone from GDB proper, I'm
>>> totally mystified as to why these files even matter to anybody one way
>>> or the other, let alone how keeping them makes "everyones life
>>> easier"?.  Am I missing a scripting/packaging dependency or
>>> something?
>>

>> Who knows whats going on with scripting/packaging.
>

> Stan,
>
> I see you've committed these changes.  GDB 6.1 branch, and I suspect
> the BINUTILS branches will no longer snapshot:
>
>> 4
>> ?
>> Fri Apr  2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Fix the version in any isolated files ...
>> Fri Apr 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Blatting files ...
>> Fri Apr 2 02:24:10 UTC 2004: Making snapshot using src-release ...
>> make: *** No rule to make target `mpw-README', needed by
>> `gdb+dejagnu.tar'.  Stop.

Sorry, that's why I was hoping for specifics last week on exactly
what problems you anticipated; it's the work of a moment to update
src-release on the branches, but a "who knows" answer doesn't give
me much guidance.

Stan

Stan