Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Sat Sep 27 15:46:00 GMT 2003


> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:44:27 -0400, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> said:
> 
> 
>> At present KFAILs are supressed from the summary output (the stuff
>> on the terminal from "make check").  I'd like to change this so that
>> KFAILs, just like FAILs, are included in the summary.  A KFAIL, just
>> like a FAIL, indicates a bug in the system under test, and hence
>> should be included in the summary.
> 
> 
> I have a mild preference for the current behavior.  Mostly I use the
> summary output to get a feel for whether or not a change of mine has
> obviously gone wrong; the noisier the summary output is, the harder it
> is to use it this way.  Of course, I always search the entire gdb.sum
> for regressions, just to make sure, so it won't make a big practical
> difference to me one way or another.

The numbers at the bottom should tell you that:

- no errors
- no unexpected passes
- no unknown failures.

unfortunatly, the only truely robust way is to compare the .sum files.

Andrew




More information about the Gdb mailing list