Features vs infrastructure (was Re: Tracepoint support in Cygnus GDB ?)
Stan Shebs
shebs@apple.com
Thu Oct 2 03:47:00 GMT 2003
Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> Heh, I've been trolled! :-) I must say, I've been a little envious
>> watching GDB development over the past couple of years; Cygnus was never
>> able to afford so many cycles spent on internals. For multi-arch alone
>> it took over three years from initial proposal to the actual hacking...
>
>
> Interesting view of history.
You sound dubious... But in 1995 I drew up a document listing a bunch
of directions for Cygnus to pursue with GDB, presented them at every
quarterly meeting, and management would smile and nod and not make
any promises. Multi-arch even got onto the future work schedule
a couple times, but then contracts came in and bumped it off again.
The 1995 doc is presumably still officially RH confidential, but
perhaps you could get somebody over there to approve posting it; it
would be a useful window into a less-well-known era of GDB history.
Stan
More information about the Gdb
mailing list