Remote Watchpoints - Gdb Server

saleru.raja@iap-online.com saleru.raja@iap-online.com
Thu Oct 2 02:09:00 GMT 2003



Hi, thanks for the reply.
 

>Somewhere in the target stack the question "is this watchpoint
>supported" is being transformed into a memory read?

how can I check it ? I did not found any packets received by gdbserver.

>check "show remote hardware-watchpoint-limit".  

I am using gdb-5.3 , in this version I did not found the command support “show remote hardware-watchpoint-limit”

please let me know any other option.

- Raja S



On 10/1/2003, "Andrew Cagney" <ac131313@redhat.com> wrote:

>> 43              n = strlen(argv[i]);
>> (gdb) rwatch n
>> Sending packet: $m8c651e58,4#d6...Ack
>> Packet received: 00000000
>> Target does not support this type of hardware watchpoint.
>> (gdb) rwatch i
>> Sending packet: $m8c651e54,4#d2...Ack
>> Packet received: 00000000
>> Target does not support this type of hardware watchpoint.
>> (gdb) awatch i
>> Sending packet: $m8c651e54,4#d2...Ack
>> Packet received: 00000000
>> Target does not support this type of hardware watchpoint.
>> (gdb)
>
>Somewhere in the target stack the question "is this watchpoint
>supported" is being transformed into a memory read?
>
>Hmm, check "show remote hardware-watchpoint-limit".  GDB still can't
>correctly probe the watchpoint status.
>
>Andrew
>
>PS: Look look through the category "remote" bugs in the bug database.
>



More information about the Gdb mailing list