External debug symbols

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Mon Sep 23 08:25:00 GMT 2002


On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 11:21:51AM -0400, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Once this is done, this change would need to be documented in the gdb
> > manual, and a testcase added to the testsuite.
> 
> I really tried to make a testcase. I promise. I was just completely 
> crushed by expect/dejagnu and the testsuite setup. I have a small piece of 
> code that can be used with objcopy --add-section to generate a 
> .gnu_debuglink section to test this. I tried it manually, and it works 
> well. If anyone is willing to do the testsuite work I promise to help as 
> much as I can.

If you'll send me that, when this code has settled and been committed
I'll try to handle the testsuite.

-- 
Daniel Jacobowitz
MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer



More information about the Gdb mailing list