Apple's Objective-C language patch

Andrew Cagney ac131313@ges.redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 20:49:00 GMT 2002


> Jason Molenda wrote:
> 
> What is the history behind objc-exp.y?  Is this from the old
> gnustep-gdb patch that'd been floating around since the mid-90's
> (the one that Michael Snyder wrote while at NeXT)?  The Apple
> sources have the ObjC support rolled in c-exp.y; it doesn't seem
> unreasonable given the overlap between the two expression syntaxes.
> 
> 
> I got everything, including objc-exp.y from the 'recent' Apple patch. I haven't looked at the latest Apple sources - I didn't know if I should do that since Andrew Cagney told me to work from the patch, but perhaps I misunderstood.

Yes, I would have requested this.

Believe it or not, very recently added to my things to do today list is 
to get an answer to the question: can a third party take random 
Apple/GDB sources and contribute them to the FSF.

Andrew




More information about the Gdb mailing list