[5.3] Alpha and that mdebug problem?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 13:57:00 GMT 2002


>> Has anyone tried using the 5.3 branch of GDB on an alpha?  Bug reports, 
>> such as:
>> http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=edit&database=gdb&pr=676
>> keep comming back to haunt poor GDB.  You'll note that they reproduced 
>> the problem with a current GDB.
> 
> 
> This PR looks related to the problem I briefly described in:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00187.html
> 
> There were 2 answers. Yours:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00212.html
> 
> which told me which change probably made my internal-error "go away".
> 
> There was also Elena's:
>   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00257.html
> to which I haven't had time to answer, unfortunately (but this is
> still on my list).
> 
> I my opinion, we will never completely get rid of these internal errors
> as long as we coalesce several storage classes into the same category.
> There may be some ways to hide them, but I think this would be at the
> cost of sometimes malfunctioning (ie providing wrong results).  This is
> something that I'd like to have a look at, eventually, but I want to
> complete the HP/UX multiarching conversion first...

Ok, I've droped that bug back to medium and added an additional note.

thank!
Andrew




More information about the Gdb mailing list