Adding a target at build?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@redhat.com
Tue Nov 19 09:10:00 GMT 2002


> Hello Gurus :-)
> 
> Is this understood correctly? :
> 
> When I build the GDB I need to specify a target and a host. The host being the 
> PC I use to run the GDB and the target being the target I wish to debug 
> remotely?.
> 
> If it is :
> 
> Suppose I wish to use a TIC54x target which is supported by the GDB (Me think) 
> - What do I need to do to make this my target at build time?.

As far as I know, no one has implemented a TIC54x target for GDB.
(if it was implemented, it would be configured using something like: 
--target=--target=tic54x).

If you're interested in adding tic54x support to GDB, then have a look 
at the xstormy16 and cris targets.  (You'll also want to arrange an FSF 
copyright assignment so that your work can be included in the official GDB).

> When this is setup, and the GDB's host is different from it's target, does it 
> expect to debug remotely? - Obviously it can't run it on host, because the 
> code is target specific?

Either remotely, or with a built-in simulator.

> Am I way off here?.

nope :-)

Andrew




More information about the Gdb mailing list