Catch signals in GDBserver running on windows under cygwin
Christophe PLANAT
christophe.planat@st.com
Tue May 28 00:19:00 GMT 2002
"drow/OU=internet/DD.RFC-822=drow"@mvista.com@harley wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:48:37PM +0200, Christophe PLANAT wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using GDBserver running on windows under CYGWIN (GDB is running on
> > the other side).
>
> Curious - what version of gdbserver? I don't know of any FSF version that
> supported cygwin.
But it works well. Windows NT + layer of cygwin Posix emulation dll
(1.3.5) and gcc 2.95.3-5 (cygwin special) running on the top, for GDB
and GDBServer 5.0 compilation. The 2 win32 runtime run correctly.
I've heard that some difficulties exist to catch signals thru cygwin
layer and that the classical signal(), raise() ... primitives don't
"work" well but I don't have any info about it.
>
> > When GDBServer is runnning (augmented of several debug printing) a DOS
> > window is open. If this DOS window is killed or closed (by using the
> > small cross in the upper right corner), I wish to catch the
> > corresponding signal and warn the GDB client that the server is down.
> >
> > How to catch such signals on Windows NT (or 98) ? I tried several
> > signal() on signals recognized on window (SIGABRT, ILL, INT, SEGV and
> > TERM) without any success.
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
> MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Christophe PLANAT | Embedded Systems Technology |
| Email : Christophe.Planat@st.com | STMicroelectronics |
| Phone : +33 04 76 92 68 82 | 850, rue Jean-Monnet |
| Fax : +33 04 76 92 50 94 | BP 16 - 38921 Crolles - France |
----------------------------------------------------------------------
More information about the Gdb
mailing list