Does gdb 5.2 work with statically linked thread application under Linux?
H . J . Lu
hjl@lucon.org
Thu Mar 7 13:39:00 GMT 2002
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 02:48:41AM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 11:30:50PM -0800, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > Does gdb 5.2 work with statically linked thread application under
> > Linux? It doesn't work for me at all. It doesn't know any thread.
> > I have a patch which works for gdb 5.1. Now it doesn't work for 5.2
> > anymore.
>
> My fault, I think.
>
> The problem is that in a dynamically linked binary
> thread_db_new_objfile will be called for every library is loaded. At
> this point current_target is "child", so target_has_execution is true.
> But with a static binary, the first time the function is called objfile
> is NULL, and the second time current_target is "exec" (which has
> target_has_execution set false).
>
> Perhaps target_has_execution was not the right check after all, if
> "exec" has it set false (which makes fairly little sense to me...) or
> perhaps we need to call the hook again later. Michael, any idea?
>
What is the problem if "|| !target_has_execution" is removed? I removed
it. Gdb now works on statically linked thread application as well as
core file. Did I miss soemthing?
H.J.
More information about the Gdb
mailing list