Top Level Autoconfiscation Status

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sun Jun 30 21:19:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Nathanael" == Nathanael Nerode <neroden@doctormoo.dyndns.org> writes:

Nathanael> * zlib has no check target, so I have to somehow leave it
Nathanael> out

zlib definitely does have a check target in my tree:

    fleche. grep ^check: zlib/Makefile.in
    check: check-am

Why doesn't it in yours?  Automake always generates a check target.
It would be a severe (and surprising) bug if it were missing.

Nathanael> * To avoid a lot of subtle problems, configure uses
Nathanael> absolute pathnames for most directories which it puts into
Nathanael> the Makefile.  This means you can no longer 'configure',
Nathanael> relocate srcdir or builddir, and then 'make'.  I doubt that
Nathanael> this is important.

In the past I've heard that people actually do this.

Tom