gdb remote debugging, other than serial port?

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc@attbi.com
Sun Jun 30 09:04:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 11:18:06AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Not to my knowledge.  Linux/PowerPC has a bit of a firewire debugging
> stack, but i386 doesn't - and that's xmon, not gdb.
>
> On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 09:42:55AM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> > it does have ports for USB, Firewire, parallel, and PS/2 port.
> >
> > Would I be able to use gdb for remote debugging over any of these
> > ports?  I don't think I would be able to do remote debugging over
> > Ethernet, because I am interested in debugging network protocol
> > stacks.

Thanks for the response.  Here is an alternate question to the
problem.  Does anyone have any experience using USB to RS-232
Converters, and using the serial interface offered by that
for remote debugging with gdb?  I'm thinking of something like:

http://www.keyspan.com/products/USB/usa49w/

Thanks.
--
Craig Rodrigues