_initialize_inftarg

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 20:27:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 11:19:23PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>>There are 3 functions in gdb named _initialize_inftarg:
>>
>>    grep -n '^_initialize_inftarg' *.c /dev/null
>>    inftarg.c:839:_initialize_inftarg (void)
>>    win32-nat.c:1818:_initialize_inftarg (void)
>>    wince.c:1968:_initialize_inftarg (void)
>>
>>I assume the win* ones are simply cut-and-paste error?
>
>Er, yes - they should correspond to their file names.  I guess only one
>was linked in at any time.

That routine is pretty ancient.  It was apparently introduced by Steve
Chamberlain in 1995.

Does it really hurt for it to be called by that name, though?
_inftarg.c will never be linked for a windows gdb.  I think it was meant
to somewhat emulate the functionality of the similar function in
inftarg.c.

cgf