Questions about gdb and gettext

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sun Jun 23 21:52:00 GMT 2002

>> The idea here is to factor out the first sentence into separate
>> `show' and `set' sentences, and then keep the rest of the help text
>> the same.

Andrew> Look at add_setshow_boolean_cmd().  The general direction is
Andrew> for the generic commands to go away being replaced by more
Andrew> specific, stronger typed, and i18n frendly commands.

I looked at this.  In this case it looks like `help show foo' will
show a short doc string, while `help set foo' will show more text.  Is
this ok for all set/show commands?  If so, then I agree that emulating
this interface is fine.

Tom