GDB support for thread-local storage

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@mvista.com
Fri Jun 21 13:20:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 03:08:03PM -0500, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Why aren't we using thread_db, though?  Why can't we run thread_db and
> simply serve its memory and register requests from the core file?  I
> don't see which part of the interface makes this impossible.  And
> we'll need to do it if Linux switches to an NxM thread model, no?

I should add to my previous comment that the use of libthread_db to
access TLS data means that such will never be possible in a core file,
either, without significant redesign of libthread_db - possibly as some
sort of data file which can be loaded separately from the coredump and
describe thread structures.