getting gdb's "frame" command to be quiet? + convenience hash tables?

Andrew Cagney ac131313@cygnus.com
Tue Jun 4 08:17:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

Given the first looks like a bug (the doco is always right :-) and the
second a good idea, yes, would you be able to create bug reports for this?

See http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/

Hmm, you may also be interested in the current sources.  At the bottom
of the file std-regs.c is the code snipit:

   /* NOTE: cagney/2002-04-05: For moment leave the $frame / $gdbframe
      / $gdb.frame disabled.  It isn't yet clear which of the many
      options is the best.  */
   if (0)
     add_builtin_reg ("frame", value_of_builtin_frame_reg);

If you enable this, you get a variable ``$frame.base'' that you can use
as part of identifying frames.  If you're wondering, the comment still
applies - it might get changed to ``$frame.id''.

thanks for the problem reports,
Andrew