PATCH: Use stabs for Linux/mips (Re: binutils is broken on ELF/MIPS)

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Mon Jun 3 17:43:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 04:51:01PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> > > It turned out gas doesn't support dwarf debug info for Linux/mipsel
> > > at all. ".file" and ".loc" don't do much for dwarf.

These directives aren't required for proper operation.
If they're not present, then gcc will emit the data itself
with labels and offsets.

If there are any remaining binutils bugs, then they should
be fixed in binutils.  We can require a later binutils
release for Linux/mipsel.

r~