Debugging threaded console-based program
Kevin Buettner
kevinb@redhat.com
Fri Feb 8 08:16:00 GMT 2002
On Feb 8, 12:09pm, Bill Bland wrote:
> I'm trying to use gdb to find out more about a program whose
> source I don't have (and I have no way of getting). The program is
> multi-threaded which causes problems for me if I run it in one terminal
> and use gdb in another terminal to attach to it. This means that I want
> to start the program from inside gdb.
> Unfortunately since the program is console-based it is very difficult to
> see what's going on with the program's and gdb's output going to the same
> terminal. Could anyone suggest a way around this?
You didn't say which platform you're trying it on. If it's GNU/Linux,
there have been a number of recent fixes in the development sources
with regard to being able to attach to a multi-threaded program. If
you haven't done so already, you might want to fetch and build a copy
of the developement sources. Otherwise, you should provide us with more
information so that we can try to fix the problem in GDB.
See http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/ .
Kevin
More information about the Gdb
mailing list