gdbserver on ixp1200

Chris Gniady gniady@ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Dec 7 17:28:00 GMT 2002


Hello,
I have searched all over the web and did not find a clear answer. I am 
trying to run gdbserver on ixp1200. It is SA1100 with linux 2.3.99. I 
have compiled the gdb 5.2.1 and gdbserver from this distribution. Here 
is what happens:
1) FOR GDB configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-linux"
   I when i execute a breakpoint the instruction is simply skipped. My 
code is

    while(1);
    prinf("done\n");

When I set breakpoint at while(1) the printf gets executed. so it is skipped
I am also not able to single step.

2) FOR GDB configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=arm-elf"
I am able to single step but when I set a breakpoint I get on host:

 > Program received signal SIGILL, Illegal instruction.
 > 0x02001590 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffdc4) at tmmain.c:82
 > 82              while(1)

AND on remote:
 > Treadmartm (280): undefined instruction: pc=02001590

Can anyone help me with correct configuration or patches, to handle 
breakpoints in this configuration.

Thank you,
Chris





More information about the Gdb mailing list