Processing of convenience variables for scripts ...
Richard Sharpe
rsharpe@richardsharpe.com
Sat Dec 7 08:50:00 GMT 2002
On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 08:57:07AM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In looking at this issue, it seems that much of the existing code that
> > deals with variables is centered around printing:
> >
> > value_print (var->value, gdb_stdout, 0, Val_pretty_default);
> >
> > While it seems that I could mess with providing new functions for a stream
> > structure that I could retrieve strings from, is there a simpler way.
> >
> > I envision something like
> >
> > var1 = value_to_string (var->value);
> >
> > And then construct a new command, and pass it through the standard routine
> > that processes commands.
> >
> > However, it seems that things are not that simple :-)
>
> You're looking in the wrong place, I'd say. Look in parse.c for the
> call to:
> lookup_internalvar (copy_name (str) + 1)
OK, but the problem there is that lookup_internalvar returns a struct
internalvar *. While there is a function value_of_internal var (also in
values.c), it returns a struct value *.
I need the value of an internal var as something approximating a C
string, and the only functions that deal with displaying the value of an
internal variable (or any variable, it seems) is value_print, which wants
a struct ui_file *. Or so it seems?
Have the recreational drugs finally proven too much, or have I got it
right here?
Regards
-----
Richard Sharpe, rsharpe[at]ns.aus.com, rsharpe[at]samba.org,
sharpe[at]ethereal.com, http://www.richardsharpe.com
More information about the Gdb
mailing list